The Save our Sole initiative is operated by The Australian Sporting Goods Association a not-for-profit membership organisation governed by a board of directors with an independent chair. All surplus funds are to be used for the association’s objectives and cannot be distributed to its members.
The ASGA Board is made up of a minimum of nine Directors, and each whom serve a two-year term.
- Three directors representing retail members, elected for a two-year term at the Annual AGM on a staggered basis.
- Three directors representing wholesale members, elected for a two-year term at the Annual AGM on a staggered basis.
- A number of Independent members appointed by the ASGA Board.
- The ASGA Executive Director
- The President of the ASGA Board is appointed by the Board from the membership of the Board
Representing brands, manufacturers, distributors and retailers, ASGA is the sector’s leading voice. Since forming in 1981, we remain focused on our mission to nurturing our dynamic industry and the membership base that we proudly represent & actively advocate.